The Chemical Biology Platform is comprised of scientists and engineers from a wide range of disciplines, working cooperatively to empower researchers in the discovery of small-molecule probes (used to understand cell circuitry and disease biology) and small-molecule therapeutics (used to treat disease). The Discovery Informatics team builds and maintains software, tools and processes for automated high-throughput screening and small molecule synthesis.
We enable the discovery process by providing the Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Data Analysis tools required to support the end-to-end process. The functional areas include Synthetic, Analytical and Medicinal Chemistry, Screening, Automation and Compound Management.
If you have the desire to solve seemingly impossible problems and to work on large-scale, complex projects in an interactive team environment, then we need you on our team.
Under the direction of the Group Leader, Discovery Informatics, the Senior Software Engineer will enhance and maintain the software used by scientists in the Chemical Biology Platform. They will partner with Application Engineers and/or scientists to determine the scope and requirements of new feature requests. This person is expected to design and implement solutions to complex technical problems with minimal supervision. On larger software development efforts, they will take ownership of entire modules/subsystems. They will also mentor more junior engineers in best practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Design and implement software solutions for Discovery Informatics
- Define technical requirements and write design specifications to meet these requirements
- Gather and document business requirements for feature requests
- Mentor junior engineers in best practices
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of any combination of the following languages required: Java, Groovy, C++ required. Must have expert level knowledge in at least one of these languages.
- Experience working with Oracle, designing relational schemas, and writing SQL
- Knowledge of data warehousing (star/snowflake schema design, OLAP, ETL) a strong plus
- Experience with agile development practices, such as test-driven development and pair programming, a strong plus.
- Prior involvement or interest in biology, genomics, or chemistry domain a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment required.
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks, effectively solve problems with numerous and complex variables, and be able to shift priorities rapidly.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE