A lively team and wider community of computational biologists, medical geneticists, and software engineers dedicated to building the algorithms and software for seizing the scientific opportunities created by large-scale genome sequencing, specifically for creating best-in-class software methods for DNA sequence analysis. We are part of the vibrant research community at the Broad Institute and the Harvard Medical School Department of Genetics. The Broad Institute is a new kind of deeply collaborative research institution that is transforming medicine and human health by performing experimental research and analyzing scientific data on an unprecedented scale.
Will conceive and develop algorithms and analysis software to realize scientific opportunities and address analytical challenges in using emerging DNA sequencing technologies to analyze human genome structure and variation. Will apply computational techniques and genetics domain knowledge to design and implement analysis tools to solve complex computational and mathematical problems. Will instantiate these ideas in usable, robust, accessible software tools and support the use of these tools by internal and external researchers. Will apply these tools to flagship projects (such as the 1000 Genomes Project) with revolutionary implications in human medical genetics. Will work collaboratively with other scientists on computational research in a fast-paced environment. Must be capable of working in a collaborative team environment and working on self-directed research projects within broader goals set by group.
- Must have significant programming and algorithm development experience or a Ph.D. in computer science or related field and familiarity with research problems in genetics.
- Must have track record of high-quality computational research.
- Must possess excellent general computational and programming skills and extensive experience with Java (or C/C++) and analysis tools like MATLAB and/or R.
- Experience with Unix, large-scale computing and developing widely-used software highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE