Perform as key member of product development team from initial conceptualization through field service support. Design, develop, test and implement subsystems for next generation of automated molecular diagnostics instrumentation. Design and integrate systems to maximize system reliability and minimize cost.
This is a contract position with an estimated duration of 6 months.
- Initiate and/or develop, with SolidWorks and lab work testing, new designs to support our instrument product lines
- Create, review and complete all engineering documentation related to assigned projects, including engineering notes, detailed part and assembly drawings, engineering specifications, engineering changes, deviations, etc
- Present designs in design reviews to a cross functional team and show compliance, through modeling and testing, to a corresponding design input requirement
- Actively participate in project teams
- Effectively seek and make use of input from senior individuals to enhance designs
- Communicate status and results by preparing technical reports and presentations to a cross functional team including formal design reviews
- Establish strong working relationships with vendors, Purchasing and QA to obtain quotes, order parts, inspect and evaluate first articles
- Strong hands-on experience developing automated electro-mechanical systems. Actively participate in the fabrication, assembly, testing and trouble-shooting of products, components, tooling and fixtures from prototype to production.
- Write design verification test protocols, execute testing and author related reports to verify the design and support the transfer of a design into production
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to create initial BOM's and manufacturing procedures for a seamless release to production
- Support manufacturing with design work to upgrade existing designs to reduce cost and improve product quality and manufacturability
- Support company goals and objectives while following company policies and procedures
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 8 to 12 years of directly related experience
- Minimum 4 years in the medical device or diagnostic industry is highly preferred
- Ability to actively collaborate with other departments in the development and release process
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Design precision machined, sheet metal, injection molded, cast and formed parts using SolidWorks
- Must be highly proficient with SolidWorks modeling & drafting and standard Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of ISO and FDA rules and regulations
- Provide support and assistance as requested by Manager
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE