We are currently accepting applications for the position of Field Service Engineer for our MId Atlantic territory, to be based out of MD. The Field Service Specialist will provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site service, maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, troubleshooting, repair and support of complex Laboratory Instrumentation and systems on all levels (hardware and software). Reviews and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers’ needs and identifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, or service. May promote the sale of service products.
Main tasks (primary responsibilities) of the position:
● Install, maintain, repair and support equipment on all levels (hardware, software and applications)
● Maintain and develop positive relationships with customers
● Utilize relevant databases to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness
● Utilize all available tools such as Service Reports, Spare Part & Service Manuals, Service Notes, etc
● Assist in the development and maintenance of reference customers
● Assist in meeting/exceeding sales targets in relation to maintaining high customer satisfaction
● Actively promote and sell Field Service products
● Give active feedback to Sales, Global Product Support and your team/management
● Manage effective available time and resources
● Provide cross-border/district/region support when required
● Positively represent QIAGEN in front of the customer, be a good example!
● Ability to lift ~50lb or 25kgs
● Will require work with hazardous substances such as acids and solvents and to work in biological laboratories up to BSL3.
● On-time expense report completion and submission