Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Due to the growth and expansion in the area of molecular tools, Sequenom has a Scientist opening in the panel development group. The ideal candidate will be responsible for organizing, planning, and executing studies in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary research and development team. The position is focused on developing high-throughput novel genomic analysis applications and solutions, which include but are not limited to research use only applications such as genotyping, mutation detection, and methylation analysis using Sequenom MassARRAY technology. The candidate is expected to identify development opportunities that can contribute to positive revenue streams for Sequenom and serve as an R&D subject matter expert and technical leader.
• Develop and troubleshoot novel assays for quantitative DNA detection with emphasis on large panels for somatic mutation detection using Sequenom MassARRAY technology
• Plan and execute experiments under direct supervision, utilizing standard and process specific molecular biological methods and deliver results in a fast-paced product development environment
• Analyze data with the help of software, such as Excel, MatLab or R, and report and present study data in team meetings and scientific publications
• Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis and ensure experiments are well documented
• Serve as an assay development specialist and general resource within the company
• Maintain familiarity with current scientific developments
• May lead Research Associates on the development and validation of a panel or expansion of claims for existing panels