Business Development Manage, European Market
Base Salary: Up to £55K plus bonus and competitive company benefits
Location: Basel or UK (although other European locations will be considered but frequent overnight travel will be expected)
Our Client, the world’s largest biopharmaceutical services provider, have assigned us to assist in a key hire into their European business area. So as to improve drug development productivity dramatically and leverage the power of genomics to help their clients better understand diseases, develop diagnostic tools, and deliver safer and more effective therapies based on the genetic make up of the disease and the patient, they undertook an important and value add acquisition.
This has resulted in a need to expand their European business function and hire a key business and sales expert within the genomics arena.
This is an exciting opportunity and the successful appointment will bring full responsibility of customer key account management as well as new business development across the full European market. The successful candidate will be charged with also building and developing a successful sales team and function to deliver to this market.
General Job Summary:
Perform sales, business development, and project management duties for existing and new pharmaceutical/biotechnology/government and academic accounts in the European market, with heavy focus on key pharmaceutical account development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage existing business and portfolio of client accounts, identify and develop new opportunities, and drive expansion of company’s services into the European market.
• Identify resources (staffing, marketing, and laboratory) required to grow the European market at an equivalent or higher rate of growth than the company’s U.S. based market with a specific focus on sequencing market penetration.
• Develop a European Market Business Plan to aggressively and strategically pursue business opportunities in new accounts while developing strong client relationships. Maintain Client Relationship Management and Forecast Database.
• Manage local marketing activities within relevant territories, with the support of the company’s marketing team.
• Develop a track record of meeting sales goals and building on existing sales.
• Gather competitive information and assist marketing in developing competitive strategies specific to the European market.