Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Join a team with a startup mentality that is re-imagining how science is done. This role is to provide data analysis support for Illumina’s Bioinformatics Software. As a bioinformatics test engineer, you will be part of the bioinformatics and software development team performing sophisticated data processing and analysis on next generation sequencing data. You will be in charge of testing and validation bioinformatics application in the Cloud.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with a strong sense of ownership, motivation, and attention to detail.
• Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for bioinformatics data analysis software.
• Apply knowledge to develop, modify, and execute software test plans and test cases.
• Develop and execute automation script for data validation.
• Work with software developers, bioinformatics scientists and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests.
• Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
• Bachelor degree (Master or higher is preferred) in Bioinformatics, Computational Science, Biological Life Science, or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).
• Solid understanding of Next Generation Sequencing technique and familiar with bioinformatics tools.
• 3-5 years working experience involving Bioinformatics software development or testing.
• Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
• Familiarity with Linux and Windows OS, experience with scripting (such as bash, Perl, or python) and object-oriented programming is preferred.
• Familiarity with web services, databases (such as MySQL) and Cloud computing is a plus.