Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
QIAGEN is one of the world’s most successful biotech companies and has achieved outstanding growth in its industry. As a worldwide leading provider of innovative DNA, RNA, and protein purification technologies, and molecular testing solutions to the life science market and to diagnostic laboratories, we have consistently delivered impressive year-on-year revenue increases.
For our Global Product Management Team we are currently seeking a Market Development Manager Next Generation Sequencing, North America.
Main tasks of the position:
- Drive regional market development for our Next Generation Sequencing portfolio to generate revenues
- Expand Next Generation Sequencing applications in conjunction with regional sales managers
- Build up reference accounts or strategic partners and establish user network
- Enhance visibility in scientific and laboratory journals through customers or QIAGEN publications
- Support and train our sales specialists
- Support product development by provision of validated customer requirements and market excellence
- Support field tests by selection and support of high profile customers
- Serve as product and market knowledge resource to global product- and sales management teams
Position Requirements: - Scientific degree in Molecular Biology or related fields, minimum 2 years lab experience
- Minimum of 3 years proven scientific industry sales and/or marketing experience
- Knowledge of NGS technologies, applications, and markets
Personal Requirements: - Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English; additional language skills desirable
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally (~50%)
please forward resume to email@example.com
QIAGEN is the leading global provider of sample and assay technologies. Sample technologies are used to isolate and process DNA, RNA, and proteins from biological samples such as blood or tissue. Assay technologies are used to make such isolated biomolecules, such as the DNA of a specific virus, visible for subsequent analysis.
We have developed and market more than 500 sample and assay products as well as automated solutions for such consumables. The company provides these products to molecular diagnostics laboratories, academic researchers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and applied testing customers for purposes such as forensics, animal or food testing and pharmaceutical process control. QIAGEN's assay technologies include one of the broadest panels of molecular diagnostic tests available worldwide. This panel includes the digene HPV Test, which is regarded as a "gold standard" in testing for high-risk types of human papillomavirus (HPV), the primary cause of cervical cancer, as well as a broad suite of solutions for infectious disease testing and companion diagnostics