Develops, oversees and calibrates Cepheid's worldwide portfolio of compensation, benefits and rewards programs to ensure they support a high-performance culture that attracts, motivates and retains the best global talent.
- Implements and provides strategic direction on all compensation and benefits issues, and ensures the Total Rewards strategy supports the Global HR and business strategies;
- Leads large, complex multi-functional design projects in areas like sales commissions, variable incentives, multi-national pooling, global job levels, etc.;
- Leads annual market review of compensation and benefits plans, develops recommendations, and manages the planning cycle;
- Monitors and assesses executive compensation trends and practices and provides technical guidance to management on executive pay and rewards, including cash and equity programs;
- Partners with Commercial Operations, Finance and Legal to design sales compensation
plans that align with the strategic goals of Cepheid;
- Performs sophisticated analyses of bonus, commission and other pay plans that require a high degree of data interpretation and analytics;
- Contributes to the drafting of the annual CD&A and assists with Compensation Committee materials and other projects as required;
- Develops and maintains documentation of compensation and benefits policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with guidelines and regulations; Partners with Finance and Legal on 162(m), 409A and 280(g) executive compensation issues;
- Ensures effective governance of compensation and benefits plans in Cepheid's foreign subsidiaries.
- Requires a minimum 15+ years in Compensation, Benefits and HRMS, including 7+ years managing a global Compensation & Benefits function;
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent experience. An MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred;
- The CCP, CCB, CEBS or MCIPD professional certifications, or other recognized demonstration of subject matter expertise is an asset;
- Requires an advanced understanding of sales compensation design frameworks;
- Requires highly-effective influencing, verbal and written communications skills, and demonstrated negotiating skills;
- Requires experience with HRMS systems, tools and products; preferably with Workday;
- Requires working knowledge of legal regulations related to compensation and benefits, including ERISA and SEC filings;
- Requires superior analytical, problem-solving and influencing skills, coupled with broad and deep technical, subject matter expertise.
- Previous experience with the Compensation Committee of a publicly-traded company is required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE