Genomic Health (www.genomichealth.com) is a global healthcare company whose mission is improving the quality of treatment decisions for patients with cancer by providing actionable genomic information to personalize cancer treatment decisions. The company's lead product, the Oncotype DX® breast cancer test, has been shown to predict the likelihood of chemotherapy benefit as well as recurrence in invasive breast cancer and has been shown to predict the likelihood of recurrence in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). In addition to this widely adopted test, Genomic Health provides the Oncotype DX colon cancer test, the first multi-gene expression test developed for the assessment of risk of recurrence in patients with stage II and stage III disease. Genomic Health has a robust pipeline focused on developing tests to optimize the treatment of prostate and renal cell cancers, as well as additional treatment decisions in breast and colon cancers. The company is based in Redwood City, California with European headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com. To learn more about Oncotype DX tests, visit: www.OncotypeDX.com and www.mybreastcancertreatment.org
Our mission is to improve the lives of patients with cancer by communicating information regarding our innovative diagnostic tests that reveal each patient's unique tumor biology.
The Medical Communications Science Specialist operates in a matrix environment and is responsible for communicating accurate and balanced clinical information on Genomic Health's products and services to internal teams, healthcare professionals and consumers. The Medical Communications Specialist's primary responsibilities include supporting creation of abstracts, posters and presentations, developing/reviewing and approving promotional materials, monitoring and managing medical information databases, supporting medical writing and publication planning, worldwide surveillance of published literature, and scientific meeting support.
The Medical Communications Specialist reports to the Director of Medical Communications and works cross functionally with various departments companywide including medical affairs, marketing and sales, customer service, pathology, biostatistics, medical operations, legal, regulatory, research, clinical development, and corporate communications.
This position will ideally be in the San Francisco Bay Area in our corporate office in Redwood City, CA. Other geographies based on candidate location also may be considered for working remotely.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth clinical and business knowledge of marketed products and regularly communicates relevant data and related business information to project teams companywide.
- Supports Genomic Health's products and services by providing internal and external customers with accurate and balanced clinical information, positively influencing their appropriate and effective use.
- Supports and coordinates the development and review of scientific abstracts, posters, and presentations.
- Creates and critically reviews company developed materials for accuracy and ensures that the content is scientifically sound and consistent with good clinical judgment and Genomic Health policies.
- Regularly monitors primary, secondary, and tertiary medical literature and is capable of critically evaluating data from multiple sources.
- Independently and efficiently creates and maintain department documents, materials and databases.
- Active participation in publication planning and manuscript development.
- Plan, support and attend scientific conferences and medical meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years Medical Information/Medical Affairs experience within the pharmaceutical or diagnostics industries.
- Advanced degree (MD, Pharm.D., PhD, or Masters in relevant healthcare discipline)
- Strong clinical knowledge/experience with ability to communicate complex medical and scientific information at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional written, verbal, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Capable of working independently and collaborating effectively across functional groups and teams
- Must convey a professional attitude, demonstrate attention to detail, and possess flexibility and self-motivation
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive results with an emphasis on quality
- Clinical oncology knowledge, training and/or experience
- Demonstrated ability to work strategically in fast-paced environment
- Advanced writing skills and/or training
- Working knowledge of regulatory, legal, and compliance guidelines for promotional materials
- Computer fluency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel Requirements: Approximately 20%
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Computer work for extended periods of time
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE