Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
We are seeking a results oriented individual with a proven track record of qualifying and selling capital equipment into the research market. A strong working understanding of Miller Heimann Strategic Selling and CRM automation is most desirable. Successful candidates should be comfortable working in a fast moving, flexible organization with a culture of accountability.
Location of the position
This individual will have targeted accounts in the major cities in the Northeast (Boston, Philadelphia or New York)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Achieves targeted sales goals.
• Manages complex customer relationships.
• Prepare quotes and other required documents associated with sales to customers.
• Forecasts and compiles lists of prospective customers.
• Maintains customer lists, contacts, and other information in an ACT or CRM database.
• Effectively presents technical information and responds to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public
• Manage an individual expense and travel budget
• Education/Training: B.S. or B.A. degree in a life science discipline required; (M.S., MBA, Ph.D. preferred)
• Minimum 10+ years demonstrated successful sales in life science tools or diagnostics
• Active working knowledge of companies and decision makers within the Academic and Government research community
• Demonstrated experience giving oral presentations and a strong technical acumen.
• Demonstrated record of attaining assigned target sales goals.
• Work experience in a biotech/molecular laboratory with gene expression products is beneficial but not required.
• Valid U.S. driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to drive a vehicle.
• Experience working within the government and academic grant and bid systems
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
HTG Molecular Diagnostics is a molecular diagnostics company based in Tucson, AZ. The company is leveraging it’s proprietary and patented qNPA technology that is highly advantaged in working with FFPE and other biological specimens for mRNA and miRNA expression.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics has three main business units. MDx which is in late stage development of a rapid turnaround, multiplexed automation systems that incorporates the qNPA technology for gene expression in high complexity CLIA laboratories. CDx which is focused on providing research, prototype and IVD assay services and products to biomarker leads in drug development programs within major Pharmaceutical companies. Lastly, HTG has a business unit called AG that focuses on Academic and Government facilities conducting translational research or operating core research laboratories. In all instances, HTG develops and builds the user defined assay arrays for either use on our automated platform or to be performed in our service laboratory.