Reporting to the Associate Director for Breast and Colon Medical Marketing, the Product Manager (PM) will be directly responsible for providing comprehensive strategic and tactical management of marketing initiatives supporting the objectives of the Breast and Colon operating unit.
In this role, the PM will develop and manage medical marketing materials including slide decks, case study databases and publication files. In addition, the PM will project manage the development of advisory boards, speaker trainings, as well as medical education vendors and projects assigned associated with educating key customers. Success in this position will require attention to organizational planning, detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel. Competitive candidates will possess relevant experience in oncology marketing, with a demonstrated ability to master complex scientific material and convey these concepts to others in a compelling, understandable manner.
- Provide tactical execution and project management for medical education programs and tools (eg. slide decks, publications, advisory boards, satellite symposia and speaker trainings) directed at key customer audiences (e.g. oncologists, surgeons, pathologists, oncology fellows, radiation oncologists).
- Develop/maintain strong service-oriented relationships across matrix teams (Commercial Sales/Marketing, Sales Training and Medical Affairs) and external customers, vendors, associations, etc. to ensure all objectives and projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Handle questions and requests related to department programs and functions and develop in-depth knowledge on clinical data associated with the Oncotype DX Breast and Colon assays.
- Partner with the Breast and Colon Brand Teams and Medical Affairs to develop and effectively engage key opinion leaders and leadership at key professional societies.
- Attend outside meetings and prepare reports as needed to convey scientific or competitive information that may affect our markets.
- Prepare verbal and written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis.
- As requested, create departmental memoranda and presentations - sometimes with only basic outlines to work from in creating new correspondence.
- Coordinate regulatory & legal review of new or revised materials in a timely fashion.
- Provide back-up support to Associate Director, Medical Marketing when travelling or unavailable.
- BA or BS required. Advanced degree strongly preferred (MS, MBA, PhD, MD) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing and/or medical communications functions, with a strong track and accessible references.
- Oncology market experience is required with strong preference for candidates who have worked directly with key opinion leaders in the USA.
- Excellent teamwork and interaction skills to lead cross functional teams and interface effectively with internal partners including Sales, Breast and Colon Brand Teams, Medical Affairs/Communications, Marketing Services, Company Executives and outside agencies and vendors.
- Exceptional organizational/project management skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects and deliverables at once. Strong initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability. Sense of ownership in driving projects to completion.
- Proven analytic skills with scientific papers and market intelligence. Ability to simplify complex data.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- A demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately.
- Computer skills: power point, word processing, excel spreadsheets,databases, familiarity and use of Internet/World Wide Web, presentation development skills, MS Office expertise at a high level.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE