The Director, Commercial Training, is responsible for the overall operations of the Commercial Training and Marketing Services departments. The Director, Commercial Training is expected to be innovative, and provide leadership to the department heads within his/her span of control, through essential training in the following areas: Product, Disease State, Sales Skills and Continuing Education.
- Responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive training program for the entire Genomic Health Commercial Organization: a sales force of 100+ staff, covering both US and International markets, multiple customer service organizations & global marketing organizations; resulting in a world class, highly knowledgeable, professional commercial organization.
- In particular, responsible for supporting the training needs of three US Sales teams: Oncology, Urology and Managed Care; and as well International Sales teams in Canada, Germany, UK, and other European countries.
- Working closely with the Commercial teams, develop a comprehensive training model for the US and International sales forces, fully integrating this model with our sales processes, hiring profiles, marketing messages and brand strategies.
- Develop, manage, and implement comprehensive Disease State Training for Genomic Health's Breast, Colon and Prostate product franchises.
- Develop, manage and implement the initial sales training seminar for newly hired sales professionals. Including the communication and coordination of training sessions in Redwood City and at the national and regional level; creation of pre-training materials, development of training agendas and management of the training program.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing leadership to provide continuing sales training and education of the oncology, urology and managed care sales teams through workshops at the national and regional sales meetings. In addition, provide continuous refinement of all training materials utilized in training programs.
- Develop a continuing education program for ongoing clinical development and training for the sales team and home office employees.
- Interface with sales and marketing leadership to identify programs/vendors to assist in developing appropriate internal marketing, sales, or management training programs.
- Interface with product management to review and create synopsis of important reference articles/studies/abstracts related to marketed products as well as competitive therapies. Manage the communication of information with the field sales organization, keeping in mind timely distribution of this information to the commercial field team is essential.
- Manage sales training budget.
- Oversee the operations of the Marketing Services team, directly responsible for managing the tactical execution of marketing programs and events that rely on communication and educational channels in the US oncology and urology markets.
- Ensure all training is provided in accordance with Genomic Health policies and procedures and are conducted in strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop a comprehensive e-learning strategy making use of a learning management system (LMS) and thoughtfully integrated, where appropriate, with our emerging sales force automation strategy.
- Provide an environment which is innovative and strives for continual improvement in everything it does.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Highly strategic with a comprehensive understanding of all facets of the pharma commercialization process.
- Recognized by others, internally and externally, for strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Solutions Orientated - highly creative at identifying new and different ways to solve problems.
- Highly effective at overcoming obstacles - tenacious and resilient
- Possess basic scientific aptitude that will allow rapid learning of new technologies and clinical data associated with GHI services
- Have a strong understanding of molecular diagnostics and oncology
- Relevant experience in a tightly-controlled, regulatory environment.
- Proven analytic skills with scientific papers and market intelligence. An excellent team player - highly effective in working with others
- Strong organizational, planning, implementation skills
- Demonstrated excellence in project management
- Strong technical writing skills and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities based on changing business needs
- Ability to facilitate meetings and encourage broad participation from others
- Complete understanding of adult leaning principles with a demonstrated ability to apply those principles in a medical environment
- Proficient in PC, MS Office skills
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree required (Business, Science, Communication-related field preferred)
- Minimum 10 years biopharmaceutical industry experience and at least 5 years oncology sales training experience is essential.
- Previous marketing management experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years highly successful oncology / urology sales representative and demonstrated excellence in communicating both written and oral clinical information.
- Must have successfully demonstrated leadership of a large multi-department organization
- Experience in small company setting preferred
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE