Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the clinical laboratory. This role requires the scientific understanding of how genetic variations lead to disease, and the technical proficiency to perform assay design, validation, and quality control of genetic tests relevant to the medical community. The candidate will work with the Medical Director to maintain a high level of quality testing and reporting for physician clients.
• Oversees the development, validation, and implementation of clinical assays
• Maintains a high level of quality in test processes and results, and ensure that analytical performance is maintained
• Manages the laboratory staff and ensures that staff members are qualified, trained, and maintain competency
• Oversees the proficiency testing program
• Oversee corrective actions for any test system deviations or discrepancies
• Identifies cost-saving measures, where applicable, without compromising quality of test processes
• Maintains the budget for laboratory operations
• Maintains current knowledge of technological and clinical advances in the field
• Ensures compliance to applicable regulations (e.g. 42 CFR 493) to maintain CLIA certification
• PhD in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, or Biochemistry
• Certified by a CLIA approved Board for Laboratory Directors of High Complexity Testing (e.g. American Board of Medical Genetics)
• Minimum 2 years of laboratory experience directing or supervising high-complexity testing
• Minimum 2 years of direct experience with Next Generation sequencing assay development and data anaysis
•Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Must be willing to work in Houston, TX
For more information please contact Melissa Grosshuesch at firstname.lastname@example.org
SeqWright is CLIA certified and GLP compliant, enabling the company to offer services in support of product regulatory submissions. With over 17 years of genomics experience, SeqWright has built a reputation for quality, technical expertise and a willingness to customize services to meet its customers' individual needs. The company’s mission is to drive scientific and medical innovation by helping to facilitate and accelerate the research and development efforts of its customers.