Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Yes - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
WuXi AppTec is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced bioinformatics scientist to join a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary team in the implementation of deep sequencing platforms. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, executing and maintaining our US bioinformatics platform for next generation sequencing. Our current use of next generation sequencing focuses primarily on the detection of adventitious agents from biological samples. Job functions include (but are not limited to):
• Perform analysis of sequence data and assist others in interpretation of analyzed data.
• Develop, refine and improve existing analytical tools.
• Provide high quality documentation for newly developed software and approaches.
• Refine, automate and routinely update relevant in-house databases
• Troubleshoot complex system and data analysis problems
• Proceduralize and author relevant SOPs and other Quality documentation.
• Interface with clients and provide custom analysis support, when needed.
• Serve as an interface between scientists and the Information Technology group. Make recommendations on new hardware/software needs.
• Masters in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science and/or the Life Sciences or related discipline with 7+ years of relevant experience is required; Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science and/or the Life Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is preferred.
• Highly skilled in next-generation sequencing technology, tool usage, and data analysis. Must have experience with de novo assembly. Significant experience with relevant sequence analysis tools/databases is also required (e.g., Clustal, GenBank, BLAST, etc).
• Experience in data analysis of one or more of the following technologies is required: Illumina, Ion Torrent or 454.
• Experience with database structure and management.
• Solid understanding of statistics
• Ability to work independently and as a team member in a diverse multi-disciplinary team.
• GLP/GMP experience is preferred.
• Occasional international travel to China may be required.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel while working on a large number of projects.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational and record-keeping skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Self-motivation, independence and leadership
Please forward resumes/CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org for immmediate consideration.
Established in December 2000, WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device outsourcing company with operations in China and the United States. As a research-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi AppTec provides a broad and integrated portfolio of laboratory and manufacturing services from discovery to commercialization. Our services are designed to help our worldwide customers shorten the time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient outsourcing solutions.