Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Reporting to the Product Director, Oncotype DX™ Breast Cancer Assay, the Sr. Product Manager (SPM) will be directly responsible for providing comprehensive support for the Product Director across the entire spectrum of activity. In this role, the PM will manage marketing materials, vendor relationships, key customer relationships, website copy, training binders, publication files, and various other projects associated with promoting and educating key customers and supporting medical professional groups under the supervision of the Product Director. Success in this position will require attention to detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel. Competitive candidates will possess relevant experience in oncology marketing, with a demonstrated ability to master complex scientific material and convey these concepts to others in a compelling, understandable manner.
Given the extensive contact the Marketing Department has with multiple internal and external parties, strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are essential. The Sr. Product Manager should enjoy working in an ever-changing office environment and be able to maintain composure and poise in sometimes-hectic situations. To support departmental activities he/she will convey verbal & written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis.
- Maintainprofessional, friendly and courteous telephone and written communications with all internal and external audiences. We are an organization that must be firmly committed to premium customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to sensitive scientific data, HIPAA protected information, SEC-protected filings and other designated topics, at all times.
- Proven analytic skills with scientific papers and market intelligence.
- Strategic thinker with potential for advancement as the Company grows.
- Computer skills: power point, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, familiarity and use of Internet/World Wide Web, presentation development skills, MS Office expertise must be at a very high level.
- Writing skills: memos, letters, data analyses, with proper grammar and spelling. The competitive candidate will be a great writer and tireless reviewer with a sharp eye for language.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Brings a positive mental attitude to daily tasks and becomes a net contributor to overall morale.
- A demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately.
- Demonstrated communication skills, verbal, tact, composure and confidentiality in order to coordinate complex personnel issues, schedules, travel, and logistical projects & programs in and outside of GHI.
- BA or BS required. Advanced degree strongly preferred (MS, MBA, PhD, MD) or equivalent
- At least 12 years of experience in marketing, with a strong track record and accessible references. Field sales experience in oncology is a plus.
- Oncology market experience required with strong preference for candidates who have worked directly with key opinion leaders in the USA.
- Relevant experience in a tightly-controlled, regulatory environment.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE