This position will act as a Medical/Clinical Educational Liaison to key departments within Genomic Health, Inc. and as member of the GSL group.
- Disease State: Non-invasive breast cancer, invasive breast cancer, colon cancer.
- External Presentations: Provide ongoing support for clinical presentations and meetings with key physicians as requested by field sales force, marketing, and managed care. Take complex medical messages and position them in the best possible manner to enable clear and concise understanding by personal within GHI.
- Physician Customer Support : Customer support (physicians and other customers, and sales) regarding medical inquiries
- Structured Clinical Training and Content Development : Develop content and execute clinically oriented education and training, including sales training programs, journal clubs, ad hoc literature reviews, and other training venues for new sales hires, existing ROLs, new GSLs, and others as needed.
- Stay abreast of new clinical developments, papers and trends and work with Marketing to be a conduit to the field for review of these developments.
- Work with key departments (Medical, Sales, Marketing, Managed Care, etc.) in developing and implementing successful clinical training programs as needed.
- Support education, presentation needs, and key external meetings as needed by the Manager Care National Account Managers group.
- Field Sales Clinical Training Support : Work with Field Sales Regional Managers to support their training needs to enhance their team's clinical effectiveness.
The Objectives may include:
- Observe and give supportive feedback as needed on their approach to customer type- Case/Patient selling
- Review key clinical & scientific material as needed with objections workshop
- Be available to ROL's as a phone and/or speaker resource as needed
- Make suggestions to Regional Managers and Sales Training Director on training need
- Marketing Support:
- Support development and review of new clinical reference tools, sales aides, slide decks, and other resources delivered by sales operations or marketing for use by ROLs.
- Assist Medical and Marketing/Sales on setting up and supporting Ad Boards, Speaker Training and External Payor Reviews as needed
- Participate upon request on key marketing task forces or committees that require understanding of field based clinical needs
- Support preparation of medical review slides and materials at national sales meetings, pre-conference meetings, field sales conference calls, etc.
- Scientific Meeting Coverage : Provide medical affairs coverage of key medical/scientific congresses and cooperative group meetings as needed
- Listen for and interpret new clinical data and competitive intelligence, and report back on findings to medical affairs and marketing stakeholders
- Support key meetings with Key Opinion Leaders and contribute to certain KOL Development needs upon request
- Support the acceptance of new IST research concepts by facilitating submission of written proposals to Medical Affairs Subteam Review Committee
- Technical Fluency
- The GSL skillfully learns and is able to adapt medically related product concepts and complexities to our sales and marketing environment.
- He/she is able to take these concepts (messages) and train our ROLs/GNAMs on how to best utilize them in their efforts to educate and influence our external customers.
- Professionalism and Commitment
- The GSL demonstrates leadership on the GSL team through influence and example, and serves as an effective and supportive mentor to other GSLs.
- The GSL may be relied upon to troubleshoot complex field based medical issues, interfacing as needed with commercial, medical, scientific, or customer service personnel in the corporate office
- The GSL strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- The GSL walks the talk with respect to our corporate values.
- The GSL is valued for his/her contribution to the organization, peers, and customers
- Communication - External/Internal
- The GSL has the ability to keep all parties informed of his/her activities as they impact select departments.
The GSL will provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions with respect to their own clinical growth and development.
- Strong clinical/medical background (training and/or experience) with ability to successfully communicate and teach in a complex and competitive environment
- 5-10 years experience within the Health Care Industry.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience implementing new business processes and driving organizational change.
- Ability to communicate (clearly) complex messages at all levels of the organization (organizational agility)
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging
- Demonstrated team player and leader skills
- Clinical Degree Required (R.Ph., D.Ph., Ph.D., PharmD., RN, DPN, or equivalent) but experience and proven track record will be considered
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Eastern or South Eastern US
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- 40-75% travel required
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE