Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use; ZALTRAP is co-commercialized with Sanofi. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
The Molecular Profiling group is looking for a Staff Scientist to analyze proprietary and public cancer profiling data to support Oncology target and biomarker discovery & development, as well as implement and develop an analysis pipeline using cutting-edge algorithms and statistically sound methodologies
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with scientists from OncologyAngiogenesis, Preclnical and Clinical departments to design profiling experiments and draft data analysis plan
- Communicate results with scientists, refine analysis based on feedback, and plan/prioritize follow-up experiments
- Prepare clear, concise and easy-to-understand presentations and documentations for collaborators, senior management and government agencies
- Analyze proprietary and public profiling data to support Oncology targets and biomarker discovery
- Analyze proprietary tox profiling data to support Tox studies
- Analyze proprietary clinical profiling data to support Clinical studies
- Participate in team effort of organizing and integrating proprietary and public molecular profiling data to enable data sharing with and visualization for bench scientists
- Contribute to team effort of developing molecular profiling strategies and establishing data analysis best practices
This position requires a PhD in cancer biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or computational biology with strong publication record and 5-10 years experience
- Expertise in cancer biology
- Expertise in cancer NGS data analysis to detect variation, copy number variation, fusion and alternative splicing, and to assess their function in tumorigenesis
- Experience with analyzing cancer profiling data in the public domain such as TCGA
- Experience with a variety of molecular profiling platforms such as microarray and NGS, and their data analysis best practices
- Familiarity with modeling (e.g., machine learning) and network building (e.g. gene regulation networks); Keen interest and determination to be at the cutting-edge of algorithms and model building
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools and software such as R, Linux, Peri, Python, Ruby, Java, Ruby on Rails, MatLab, SQL, web programming, SpotFire, Partek
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Team spirit and commitment to share and collaborate
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with human genetics is a plus
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Disclaimer: Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE