BIOMEDICAL INFORMATICIAN OPPORTUNITY
Geisinger Health System (GHS) is seeking a Biomedical Informatician to support the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the Genomic Medicine Institute (GMI) and the health system in its efforts to perform innovative research and provide quality patient care. This is a specialty position that integrates genomic science, computer science and information science to manage and communicate data, information and knowledge. The candidate will work closely with physicians, researchers and leaders throughout the organization to identify opportunities to leverage IT as a strategic asset for the realization of genomic medicine at Geisinger. This is accomplished through the use of the tools of clinical research informatics with a specific focus in genetics, genomics and family history.
- * Work with a clinical team on the analysis and interpretation of whole genome sequence data for patients with complex diseases
- * Develop tools and queries to extract and analyze clinical and financial information from transactional databases to support clinical research projects
- * Explore opportunities to develop and use advanced electronic health record functionality, such as clinical decision support, to optimize the clinical use of genomic information
- * Create innovative patient-facing resources to engage and activate patients and improve care
- * PhD or MD/PhD in Medical or Biomedical Informatics, computer science, computational biology, or a related discipline or an MD with an internship (Post Doc) in Healthcare Informatics would be greatly preferred, but related degree profiles will be considered; MD with significant training/experience in these fields
- * Minimum 2 years of experience in health system informatics and/or genomics
- * Experience with development of novel genomic analyses, microarrays, molecular network modeling, or with next generation sequencing and statistical knowledge is desirable.
For more information on genomic research at Geisinger, please visit: geisinger.org/genomics.
Geisinger Health System serves nearly 3 million people in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania and has been nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 4 hospitals, 38 community practice sites and more than 900 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
Discover for yourself why Geisinger has been nationally recognized as a visionary model of integrated healthcare. For more information, please contact: Marc S. Williams, MD, Director, Genomic Medicine Institute, at email@example.com.