Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 12-PD-062
Reports To: Senior Manager, Business Process Automation
Complete Genomics is seeking an experienced Application Support Engineer to join the team. This role would have the responsibility of supporting a number of custom internal applications that rely on complex data and are crucial to Complete Genomics’ production operations. This role will work directly with the end users while at the same time collaborate closely with the IT Operations and Software Development groups. We are looking for someone who can appreciate the impact of large scale data and who understands the discipline of supporting a production operation.
Principal responsibilities of this position include overall Production Support of Complete Genomics’ internal Application Stack, which would include:
• Provide first-level support to the Business Process Automation group’s applications, including troubleshooting production software and data issues.
• Working directly with users to identify issues.
• Identify and Implement bug fixes or configuration changes in coordination with both IT Operations and Software Development
• Identify and Implement Process Improvements that will lead to greater reliability and minimized downtimes for the Application Stack
• Ensure adherence to the SLA
• Develop infrastructure and tools for system monitoring and performance measurement
Required Technical Skills:
• Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, T-SQL, stored procedures
• Proven ability to debug production issues including multiple complex software systems and databases
• Experience supporting systems in mission-critical environments
• Minimum of 3 years in working on large-scale production software systems
• Equivalent of 5 or more years in a Technical Services position
• Good understanding of Linux systems administration, excellent systems and application level troubleshooting skills
• Experience monitoring systems health and analyzing log files
Additional Desired Skills:
• Software development background (Java, .NET, C/C++, PHP, Python, Unix Scripting)
• Strong engineering aptitude and demonstrated ability to apply those skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize high support load to closure or escalation
• Ability to document cases to ensure escalation
• Experience operating in a 24/7 production environment & being front line support
• Ability to solve problems and think creatively
• Excellent teamwork, communication (verbal and written), and customer-facing skills
• Ability to multitask several critical issues simultaneously
• Ability to work cooperatively with peers, managers, and others organizations
• Able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Able to work as part of a team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred) or a technical major
Please apply to the Careers page of our website, at www.completegenomics.com
Complete Genomics provides academic and biopharmaceutical researchers with complete human genomic data and analysis at an unprecedented quality, cost and scale without requiring them to invest in in-house sequencing instruments, high-performance computing resources and specialized personnel.
Complete Genomics Analysis Platform, or CGA™ Platform, combines our proprietary human genome sequencing technology with our advanced informatics and data management software and our innovative, end-to-end, outsourced service model to provide our customers with data that is immediately ready to be used for genome-based research. Our solution broadly enables researchers to conduct large-scale complete human genome studies.
We are looking for people who thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment, who are team oriented, self-motivated, and committed to contributing to the success of our company.