Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Temp position for 4-6 weeks with the possibility of extention.
Executive Assistant to support the VP, Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will be professional but personable, highly detailed-oriented, organized, able to multi task at several levels, proactive, able to take initiative, have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), able to show poise under stress, and bring a positive attitude that works both individually and in a team environment. The ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to detail in an ever changing environment is essential to being successful in this position. Also, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to represent the Commercial Operations department professionally in a way that is consistent with GHI culture (mutual respect, support and accountability).
- Provide single point of contact for department
- Manage calendar for department heads
- Manage expense reports for department heads
- Organize department lunches
- Coordinate product training classes & coordinate new hire on-boarding process
- Coordinate completion and administration of vendor, consulting, confidentiality, fee-for-service and other agreements with Legal, Accounting/Purchasing departments
- Conduct routine office administration activities including, but not limited to: departmental document filing and retention, copying and distribution, attendance, supplies, departmental telephone coverage, business machine maintenance, internal and external correspondence and mailings, personnel administrative processes and filing, subscriptions and publications, participation in any "hotline" activities, coverage of customer service phones and as needed Spanish translation.
- As requested, schedule and coordinate departmental client or interviewee personnel travel.
- Handle questions and requests as related to department programs and functions and keep departmental professional association and journal membership current.
- Ensure / coordinate appropriate training and orientation of new employees into GHI staff as it relates to department functions and administrative policies and procedures.
- Organize orientation and serve as point of contact for new hires as related to administrative policies and procedures (run the mentorship program) Communications
- Maintain professional, friendly and courteous telephone and written communications with all internal and external audiences
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to personnel, salaries and any sensitive areas, at all times
- Conduct professional, friendly and courteous personal communications with all internal and external audiences
- Minimum of five years of experience at the executive level
- High school diploma required, BA or BS preferred
- Ability to convey verbal and written requests and other information to internal and external parties on a routine basis
- Well organized & detail oriented in a multi-tasking environment
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint
- Basic Excel skills
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
• Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary.
• May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE