Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics programmer to join the Novartis Next Generation Sequencing Diagnostics (NGDx) Team. The successful candidate must be self-directed and highly collaborative. The candidate will:
• Build, support and execute cutting-edge pipelines for the analysis and interpretation of next-generation sequencing data
• Participate in a rigorous technical development process for genomics platforms, including next-generation sequencing platforms
• Implement state-of-the-art computational methods, and develop innovative methods, toward the development of rigorous diagnostic tests
• MS +2 years experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in a scripting language (Perl/Python)
• Experience running large-scale pipelines in a High Performance Computing environment
• Demonstrated strong communication skills
• Facility with current analysis methods for next-generation sequencing data, and the application of open-source tools such as BWA, GATK, TopHat and CuffLinks
• Experience with Java API and Unix command-line tools desired
• Experience with software version control and unit testing desired
• Statistical and analytical ability with programming expertise in R, Matlab, or similar desired
For more information and to be considered, please visit:
About Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research:
The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research is the global pharmaceutical research organization for Novartis. The NIBR research network is comprised of more than 6,000 scientists, physicians, and business professionals working together across 10 locations around the world to discover innovative medicines that treat diseases with high unmet medical need. Novartis employs more than 2,000 associates in Cambridge, making it the city’s largest private employer and ideally situated in one of the leading life science communities in the world.
NIBR conducts research globally with sites in Emeryville, California; Cambridge, MA; East Hanover, NJ; Basel, Switzerland; Horsham, UK; and Shanghai, China.
About the Next Generation Sequencing Group
The ability to sequence each patient’s genome in great detail, quickly and inexpensively, is changing the practice of medicine. At NIBR, we are dedicated to the development of therapies that improve clinical outcomes for patients. Next generation sequencing and other cutting-edge molecular characterization technologies will be important tools for discovering breakthrough therapeutics, and for delivering the right medicines to the right patients.
NIBR is launching a new Next Generation Diagnostics (NGDx) group at our global headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The NGDx team will leverage cutting-edge technologies such as next generation sequencing for characterizing human tissues, by individual lesions and by pathway signatures relevant to therapeutic response. The goal is to develop a robust and comprehensive molecular profile for each patient. To this end, the group will begin by developing capabilities to characterize therapeutically relevant genetic lesions and pathway signatures in human cancer.