Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Senior HR Business Partner will provide HR partnership and leadership to the Operations and Regulatory organizations. The successful candidate will develop and implement HR initiatives focused on achieving business objectives. This position is both hands-on and strategic to provide human resources expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, employee retention, coaching/development, conflict management, and more. This position is based in Sunnyvale, CA and reports to the Vice President, Human Resources.
- Advise, influence and guide all levels of management on the HR implications of business strategies and all aspects of people-management and leadership.
- Partner with HR and management in organizational assessment and diagnosis to revise business strategies into actions that deliver results and improve organizational capability while maintaining an enterprise view point.
- Resolve employee relations issues through a systematic approach with clear documentation and follow through.
- Anticipate the need for change and influence change before a crisis or inflection point arrives. Consciously strive to build networks of support for change goals and objectives.
- Provide guidance on, and help conduct, the investigation of complex complaints and concerns that could result in legal ramifications or organization exposure; assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on established practice.
- Partner with Staffing to provide strategic staffing and recruitment consultation. May assist in identifying, interviewing and selecting qualified candidates for senior/critical positions.
- Conduct gap analyses and ensure appropriate career development programs and initiatives are aligned with critical skill development and succession planning for designated functional teams.
- Develop and manage communications regarding organizational structure, employment-related news, and HR-related programs and policies.
- Partner with Compensation on making recommendations for assigned groups on job creation/leveling for roles, review of relevant market data and subsequent communications/recommendations made to the business unit. Consult on proposed promotions, as well as help drive the annual focal review process.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology, or Business Administration required.
- 8+ years of experience in a HR Business Partner or strategic HR Manager role, with broad experience in management coaching, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, training, and HR project management and program implementation
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes, etc. which govern employment policies and practices. Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Experience supporting operations, manufacturing, and/or R&D teams and successfully implementing programs across geographically distributed teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Experience working with HR database
- Strong business and compensation acumen
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE