If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use; ZALTRAP is co-commercialized with Sanofi. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
This Research Associate is in a key position in the Metabolic Disease group. This candidate will have responsibilities in helping with numerous pharmacology studies on Test Agents as well as running specific phenotypic assays in mice. The Research Associate is expected to work as part of a team and seek advice when in doubt, however he/she should be able to troubleshoot experiments and suggest improvements to methods.
- Work with other Research Associates under the direction of a Scientist in the dosing of animals with test agents via subcutaneous, intravenous, or intraperitoneal injection and/or oral gavage routes and subsequent collection of blood samples via orbital or tail bleeds.
- Work with other Research Associates and the Scientists in the group to schedule and perform in vivo experiments for different genetically modified mice going through the Phenotyping Program. This will include serum sample analysis from in vivo studies such as lipid, insulin and glucose tolerance tests as well as other metabolic tests.
- Provide in vitro support for the ongoing programs (tissue culture, ELISA, western blot)
- Responsible for analysis of sample data i.e. for entering, analyzing and graphing data in statistical and graphics packages.
- Provide timely updates to Scientists and Director on status of experiments in progress.
- Routinely write up experiments from protocols in a clear and concise manner in laboratory notebooks. It is hoped that Research Associate can contribute to the writing of drafts for experimental protocols or methods with guidance from scientist.
The qualified individual must have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Biology or related medical science and 3 to 8 years of research experience. Knowledge of physiology, lipid biology and metabolic diseases is strongly preferred.
The position demands experience with handling small animals (predominantly mice but may also include rats). Preference would be given to those who also have the ability to do in vitro work (in biochemistry, including ELISA, Western blot and routine tissue culture).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE