The Application Engineer will work with the Therapeutics Discovery and Development (TDD) platform within the Broad Institute to provide informatics solutions and support for all aspects of hit and lead discovery. Systems include electronic lab notebooks, LIMS for managing laboratory robotics, liquid handlers and detection technologies, tools to design and assess compound collections and analogs, databases and data import tools, and data validation, analysis and decision support environments. Must be able to effectively communicate with biologists, medicinal chemists and software engineers to provide application training and support, to translate screening, chemistry and data analysis requirements into software deliverables, and to troubleshoot, document and collaborate to resolve software problems.
- Provide end user support and training to TDD scientists using vendor and internally-developed data capture and analysis applications. Create and deliver training and support materials.
- Collaborate with biologists, chemists, software engineers and IT to define and document informatics requirements for drug discovery informatics and data analysis systems.
- Investigate issues with deployed systems and work with users and software engineers to determine the cause, provide immediate workarounds, and design long term solutions.
- Asses unmet business needs for users, facilitate build versus buy decisions and participate on cross-functional teams to implement selected solutions.
- Minimum B.S. in biology, chemistry or computer science with three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with small-molecule screening and hit progression is required. Some experience working in pharmaceutical drug discovery or development is a plus.
- Experience with electronic lab notebooks, LIMS and data analysis applications is preferred(e.g.CambridgeSoft, GeneData, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, Seurat). Experience with chemical databases and drawing applications or compound inventory management is a strong plus.
- Basic knowledge of relational database structure and SQL is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, with a strong focus on customer support.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and an affinity for problem solving.
Broad will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE