Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Department of Biostatistics within the School of Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center is seeking applications for an assistant level tenure-track faculty position, with the area of research focus in bioinformatics methods for human genomic studies. The candidate will be responsible for advancing bioinformatics research activities at the University of Kansas Medical Center, along with the collaboration on genomic research projects at the University. The candidate will also be expected to teach courses for graduate students in bioinformatics and other disciplines.
1) Work as an independent bioinformatics faculty to provide collaborative research support related to genomic studies, including next-generation sequencing studies, for KUMC researchers and affiliates.
2) Teach statistical/bioinformatics related courses for graduate students in Biostatistics and other disciplines.
3) To participate on committees and service to the department and institution.
4) To conduct independent research related to bioinformatics and to present these findings at national/international conferences along with publications.
1) PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, computational biology, biophysics, or related field.
2) 1 year of post-doctoral research experience
3) Scripting and programming skills
4) Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
5) Experience on collaborative, multidisciplinary, research team(s)
1) Experience in the processing and analysis of next-generation sequencing data
2) Experience in the preparation and submission of grant applications
3) Strong knowledge of available bioformatics tools and annotation sources/databases
Please apply online at https://pa124.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=182815