Join the clinical laboratory that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. The rapidly growing Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine is on the forefront of ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, is a specialty reference laboratory dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed genetic testing services for prenatal and eye conditions. Sequenom, headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, provides the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom CMM team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Due to the growth and expansion of our laboratory in Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina, we are looking to hire Laboratory Assistants. The Laboratory Assistant will be responsible for the handling, storage, and retrieval of samples, inventory and supply management. Responsibilities include: receiving, accessioning, and aliquoting of samples, labeling and storage of samples and tubes, and inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies in adherence with standard operating procedures.
• Perform sample handling, receiving, storage and inventory process
• Perform presorting, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory, centrifugation and aliquoting
• Prepare and label tubes for testing
• Maintain inventory and organization of specimen samples in the freezer
• Review and process requests for samples from inventory for repeat testing
• Perform glassware and labware clean up (i.e tube racks)
• Record temperature readings for freezers, refrigerators, heatblocks, and waterbaths
• Perform general laboratory maintenance and equipment maintenance
• Monitor, order and maintain consumable inventory
• Unpack, record and store reagents and supplies in Pre and Post PCR
• Keep accurate inventory of all supplies used in the laboratory; required to maintain supply levels necessary to perform laboratory functions on a daily basis
• Organize and files test reports