Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Join the clinical laboratory that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. The rapidly growing Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine is on the forefront of ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, is a specialty reference laboratory dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed genetic testing services for prenatal and eye conditions. Sequenom, headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, provides the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom CMM team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Due to our rapid growth, we have opened up a state of the art molecular clinical laboratory in the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina. We are looking for a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor who will be responsible for monitoring the production of medical diagnostic testing in the clinical lab performed by assigned Medical Technologists. The supervisor will work closely with internal and external contacts including suppliers, physicians and other healthcare providers regarding clinical laboratory testing, operations and development of new tests. They manage routine and complex molecular biology procedures including analyzing and interpreting results and initiating, developing and implementing assays. They are responsible for supervising assigned Medical Technologists and Lab Associates.
• Manage the daily operation of assigned laboratory group to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
• Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment
• Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through.
• Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
• Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
• Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise and assists in evaluation of employee competencies.
• Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement new services for areas of responsibility.
• Requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results.
• Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
• Assist in maintaining CAP, CA State, and other accreditation and regulatory agency standards and regulations.
• B.S. in Medical Technology, Biology , Chemistry or related scientific discipline
• Minimum of 8 years related experience, 2 years at supervisory level in a clinical laboratory, with Molecular Biology experience preferred
• ASCP generalist certification or specialist in Molecular Biology (MB), Certified Medical Technologist, or equivalent license highly desired
• Compliance experience with regulatory agencies such as CLIA and CAP
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including statistical analysis and laboratory information systems
• Experience with accreditation inspections and writing and editing laboratory Standard Operated Procedures (SOP)
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements for molecular diagnostic test development, commercialization and post launch support
• Previous molecular diagnostics experience including DNA isolation, PCR, RT-PCR,Real-Time PCR, capillary electrophoresis and DNA sequencing highly desired
• Ability to work one of the following schedules:
o Tuesday-Saturday 7:00am-3:30pm
o Tuesday-Saturday 1:00pm-930pm
To apply, please visit http://www.sequenom.com/Careers/Jobs