Join the clinical laboratory that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. The rapidly growing Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine is on the forefront of ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, is a specialty reference laboratory dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed genetic testing services for prenatal and eye conditions. Sequenom, headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, provides the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom CMM team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Due to the success of MaterniT21 PLUS, we are looking to hire additional Medical Technologists to work in our clinical laboratory in the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina. The Medical Technologist will be responsible for the production of medical diagnostic testing in a clinical laboratory. This position will ensure that complex molecular diagnostic assays and systems are performed under appropriate compliance and regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will also independently perform clinical lab testing and other scientific examinations and record appropriate test documentations and evaluate test results.
• Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
• Calculate results using testing data with both manual and computerized procedures
• Accurately enter results of testing. Review reports to ensure accurate test result reporting
• Identify and respond to critical values or unusual or unexpected results and maintain proper documentation
• Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
• Evaluate instrument performance check results. Perform linearity, accuracy and precision checks as required
• Perform Quality Control and calibrations as required
• Recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
• Monitor and maintain a consistent supply of reagents and consumables
• Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
• Provide technical guidance to laboratory assistants and associates and other Clinical Laboratory Scientists. Assist training new employees
• Review and edit technical instructions and standard operating procedures