Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
There are no relocation expenses available for this position
One year fixed term contract to provide maternity cover, start date 1st February 2013.
• Assist team leaders on a variety of projects
• Provide support to the molecular biology team
• Write literature to support products
• Perform routine laboratory work
• Be willing to work to flexible hours if required
• Keep accurate laboratory records
• Work to ISO 9001
• Interact with customers in a professional manner
• Participation in general laboratory meetings
• Dealing with customer technical enquiries
• At least an M.Sc. in life science or chemistry with at least 6 months relevant experience in an active research laboratory or equivalent industrial experience.
• Good understanding of enzyme kinetics, especially of DNA/RNA polymerases
• Experience in real-time PCR (qPCR) and endpoint PCR assay design and interpretation of data
• Isolation and handling of nucleic acids
• Molecular biology or microbiology
• Aseptic technique
• Ability to apply relevant statistical models to large data sets
• Familiarity with general bioinformatics website and software packages
• Expertise in a broad range of molecular biology techniques
• Able to work independently
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with an interdisciplinary group
• In-depth knowledge of DNA and RNA polymerase enzymology
• Good understanding of chemical principles involved in buffers, stabilizers, enhancers, fluorescent chemistry etc. used with commercial polymerases and polymerase mixes
• Experience or familiarity with ISO:13485 Quality Management System
Dr Simon Baker
Global Director of R&D
Please submit c.v. and a covering letter by January 4th 2013. We are not able to sponsor job seekers from outside the EU.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in London, UK., Bioline is an evolving international company, which develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of specialized bio-research reagents that simplify, accelerate and improve life sciences research.
Our mission is to provide customers with a range of products which are fast and easy to use, guaranteed to work and developed by scientists who understand what our customers are trying to achieve so they can focus on their scientific goals. At Bioline, we constantly strive to improve and to deliver high quality products which are the result of our strong commitment and investment in science. We operate as one multi-cultural global team with strong values. We are committed to succeed and passionate to achieve our goals, and we work diligently to bring complete solutions to our customers.
Bioline reagents are used by molecular biologists and other research scientists to perform test-assays and research in many fields from medical, biotechnology and marine biology to food and agriculture technology as well as forensic and environmental sciences, where life scientists have come to depend upon the outstanding quality and reliability of our reagents.
As Bioline continues to evolve globally we aim to make the Bioline buying experience fast, easy and enjoyable for our customers and provide reagents that simplify, accelerate and improve life sciences research.
We strive to maintain close contact with our customers, key partners and collaborators to keep us at the forefront of new application areas and technologies providing feedback to our R&D groups and leading to new sustainable solutions for the bio-research reagents market.
For more information see www.bioline.com