Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
We are currently seeking exceptional scientists with molecular biology backgrounds to help us meet the growing demand for our technology. The primary goal of the person awarded this position will be to maximize consistency and throughput of our technology within our service lab.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Maximizing our library preparation, validation, and shipping throughput.
- Suggesting improvements to address bottlenecks in quality, cost, and speed.
- Designing quality control measures that balance speed and robustness.
- Meticulous laboratory notebook record keeping.
- Utilizing and improving SOPs for standard procedures in the service lab.
This is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious scientist to get in on the ground floor and grow in responsibility as our business enters an exciting new phase of expansion.
Specific requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology or related field.
- At least three years hands-on laboratory experience.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and trouble-shoot molecular biology protocols.
- Being fun to work with even in the face hard work, long hours, and tight deadlines is essential, this is all we do!
Please email resumes, along with a brief introduction, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moleculo is a young Stanford spin-out company that is developing and commercializing a new DNA sequencing method. Our technology provides extremely long and accurate sequencing reads, enabling applications such as de novo sequencing, clinical sequencing, and sequencing of tumor samples.