If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use; ZALTRAP is co-commercialized with Sanofi. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
As a key member of the Oncology team, this scientist will be responsible for independently leading and/or contributing to studies in the area of tumor immunology. The scientist will design, support and perform studies to support novel therapeutic cancer antibodies from pre-clinical discovery through clinical development stages. Specifically, this scientist will lead the development of in vivo models to validate the effect of drug candidates on tumors as well as immune activation status. This scientist will manage one research associate and effectively and frequently collaborate with colleagues in the oncology, immunology and antibody development groups as well as prepare and present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and senior management.
- Development of complex in vivo mouse tumor models to validate novel biologics
- Development of in vitro assays (ELISA, T cell subset analysis and function, T cell killing) for validation of novel biologic therapeutics
- Expert at performing Flow Cytometry including analysis and sample preparation
- Experience with primary immune cells of human and rodent origin
- Clear and organized presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams with members of Immunology, Therapeutic Proteins and other development groups
The qualified individual will possess a Ph.D in a relevant scientific discipline (Tumor Immunology, Immunology, Oncology, Cell Biology) with >4 years post-doctoral experience (in academia or industry).
- Experience with development of complex in vivo mouse tumor models to validate novel biologic therapies is highly desired. Specifically, experience with in vivo mouse tumor models and ex vivo measurement of immune endpoints will be an advantage
- The position requires extensive experience with primary immune cells of human and/or rodent origin as well as a comprehensive knowledge ofthe basics of cellular immunology, as it applies to cancer
- The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some management experience is also very desirable
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously are required
- In addition, the candidate must be able to effectively collaborate with colleagues in the oncology, immunology and antibody development groups
- The candidate will be expected to write reports and present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and senior management
- The successful candidate is expected to work creatively, independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and attention to detail are critical for this position
The candidate should have a Ph.D. plus 3-5 years of relevant post-doctoral experience in academia or industry.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Disclaimer: Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE