Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Fluidigm Corporation, based in South San Francisco, California is the market leader in single cell genomics and we are looking for an experienced Cell Biologist to bring best practices in cell culture handling, analysis, and protocol development to our Commercial Support Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and optimizing cell-based techniques using the Fluidigm C1™ Single Cell Auto Prep and BioMark ™ HD Systems in pre and post-sales activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct product demonstrations and trainings across a wide range of cell types (cell lines, primary tissue culture and clinical samples) for potential and existing clients.
- Design, execute and analyze cell-based experiments; generate reports and present data.
- Optimize cell handling procedures for the Fluidigm Demonstration Lab and develop SOPs for product demonstrations to customers.
- Assist in application development and improvement, preparation of protocols, and creation of application notes and user guides.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems with ingenuity and resourcefulness.
- Interface and communicate with many levels of the organization, including executive staff, to provide application expertise and consultation. Must display confidence and strong communication skills.
· A Master’s degree or higher in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, clinical chemistry or similar discipline with laboratory work as a key component.
· Minimum of 8 years of laboratory experience with cellular biology techniques; knowledge and experience handling a wide variety of cell types and cellular systems as well as experience with cellular assays such as antibody staining and FACS.
· Working knowledge of techniques such as quantitative real-time PCR, RNA/DNA isolation and handling, primer design and gene expression data analysis.
· Familiarity with genome and transcriptome next-gen sequencing techniques desirable.
· Experience in Customer Support or in a - customer-facing role highly desirable.
- Self-directed, conscientious and articulate with excellent presentation and teaching skills.
- Committed to total customer satisfaction with outstanding interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Works hard and loves what they do.
- A team player.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of time during peak activity periods.
Fluidigm Corporation (NASDAQ: FLDM) develops, manufactures and markets microfluidic systems for growth markets in the life science and agricultural biotechnology, or Ag-Bio, industries. Fluidigm’s proprietary microfluidic systems consist of instruments and consumables, including chips, assays and other reagents. These systems are designed to significantly simplify experimental workflow, increase throughput and reduce costs, while providing the excellent data quality demanded by customers. Fluidigm actively markets four microfluidic systems, including nine different commercial chips, to leading academic institutions, diagnostic laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotechnology and Ag-Bio companies. Fluidigm products are marketed for research purposes only (not for diagnostic use).