The Specimen Materials Handler provides a vital link between GHI customers, Sample Accessioning Technicians and the internal laboratory and commercial operations groups. Specimen Materials Handlers support the operations of the Clinical Materials Department are responsible for the following: managing new specimen kit receipt, file preparation, report shipment; material return, document management and international kit shipments.
The Specimen Materials Handler is also responsible for communicating with all accounts and contacts in relationship to the shipping and receiving of patient report, and specimens. The Specimen Material Handler I will be fully trained in at least one of the above functions and will be responsible for the accurate and timely execution of that function. It is imperative that the Specimen Material Handler possess exemplary Customer Service and Quality Control skills, have a demonstrated ability to work independently, and also function effectively as a member of the GHI team. The Specimen Material Handler must possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all individuals, including external customers, laboratory, and other internal GHI personnel. The Specimen Material Handler must adhere to all compliance, HIPAA and PHI regulations and elevate potential disclosures and breaches in process immediately to the Lead Specimen Material Handler or Clinical Materials Supervisor.
Specimen Kit Receipt and File Preparation
• OnBase Scanning, Indexing, Auditing and File Storage through Data Safe
• Patient Results Report Review and Shipment
• Material Return Prep and Shipment • International and Domestic Transportation Kit Shipment
• Sales Marketing Materials Shipments
• Adhere to all department Standard Operating Procedures
• Other administrative responsibilities
• Have strong computer skills
• Be highly detail- and quality-oriented
• Be flexible and willing to pitch in as needed
• Strong customer service orientation
• Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
• Experience following and/or developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) preferred
• Comfortable in working in a laboratory environment and able to handle specimens
• Superb follow-through skills and relationship management required
• Flexibility with respect to working hours as some shifts will require early morning arrivals to handle calls from East Coast
• High School Diploma or GED
• Significant PC knowledge & Windows OS experience
• No disqualifications for employment in the US lab industry as determined by the Federal Government
• Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
• Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
• Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
• Ability to work as part of a team
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE