Software Developer 3/4 - Institutional Informatics - 75337
DOE Joint Genome Institute in Walnut Creek, CA (a division of the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab) is seeking an experienced Software Developer/Engineer to support its Institutional Informatics. Under broad supervision, the ideal candidate will gather feedback and requirements to develop solutions to manage and process data for growing sequencing techniques. They should show extensive familiarity with standard genomic sequence data types, and demonstrate working experience in analysis methods.
The selected candidate will be hired at the Software Developer 3 or 4 classification level depending upon the candidate's level of experience and qualifications.
Specific Job Duties
• Design, implement, test and deploy analysis pipelines for handling of new sequencing technologies and techniques, and corresponding data with the eventual goal of integrating these with the institution’s existing informatics infrastructure.
• Build and develop web services to enable the continuing share and exchange of metadata between various software stacks.
• Create and be in charge of service tickets pertaining to the pipelines.
• Interact with peers to ensure efficient communication and completion of projects.
• Apply analytical skills and creativity to solve diverse and challenging problems.
Essential Duties for the Software Developer 4 - In addition to the required duties for a level 3, the Software Developer 4 will:
• Work at a higher level of independence and responsibilities in carrying out assignments.
• Will serve as a technical lead and key contributor called upon to troubleshoot and solve highly technical, complex problems.
• Work closely with Systems Administration group to optimize hardware and configuration for maximal portal performance and stability.