Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for performing research evaluations to improve Sequenom technologies. The ideal candidate will train, support, and collaborate with research team members. This position will ensure processes and services are monitored for quality, cost effectiveness, and efficiency through continuous process and quality improvement. Recommend and implement ideas to improve operational efficiency.
• Train Research Associates on Sequenom specific protocols and instruments including but not limited to: mass spectrometers, liquid handlers, and other robots
• Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
• Function as technical support for all instrumentation and protocols for multiple departments. Schedule instrument’s availability and assure functionality
• Implement laboratory procedures, including quality control, validation and implementation of new assays, instrumentation and methods; and their documentation
• Maintain appropriate laboratory accreditation and quality assurance programs. Ensure services are provided in accordance with state and federal regulations, lab policy, and accreditation and compliance requirements
• Assist with drafting SOPs, training materials, application notes, and other documentation related to technical aspects or procedures
• Design and implement new methods or steps in protocols, consulting literature for new ideas if necessary
• Maintain inventory, assist with ordering and re-stocking lab supplies
• Serve as cross-departmental liaison and main contact for other companies
• Prepare and deliver presentations summarizing studies for others within organization
• Provide information to senior management on the implication of policies and procedures, and recommend specific actions