Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
The Research Associate will plan, organize, and execute studies in the R&D Genetics Analysis department. Under general supervision, the ideal candidate will be responsible for organizing, planning, and executing studies in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary research and development team. The Research Associate will be responsible for implementing and executing internal and external projects of molecular biological techniques combined with matrix-assisted laser desorption / ionization (MALDI) time-of-flight (TOF) mass spectrometry. The Research Associate will analyze data, interpret results, and maintain records according to prescribed standards and present data to the research and development team.
• Design and perform experiments under direct supervision according to departmental needs, utilizing standard and process specific molecular biological methods
• Evaluate and optimize protocols and procedures for manual, semi-automated or fully automated processing
• Examine data and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis and ensure experiments are well documented.
• Develop and troubleshoot novel assays for quantitative DNA detection with emphasis on somatic mutation detection in tumors
• Operate and maintain standard laboratory instrumentation
• Maintain lab in accordance with regulatory and safety practices
• Record experimental information organized in notebook according to company policies
• Prepare plans, protocols and reports following design control procedures