Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve.
Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
The Manufacturing Sciences Laboratory group within Manufacturing Technical Services (MTS) is responsible for providing laboratory based technical support to the Allston Landing Facility.
The Manufacturing Sciences Laboratory is responsible for:
• Develop, transfer and maintain robust scale down models to support manufacturing operations
• Design and execute experiments using scale down models and laboratory capabilities to support effective root cause investigations for the commercial manufacturing operations.
• Design and execute experiments using scale down models to expand design space knowledge for commercial manufacturing process. Utilize this knowledge to effectively support root cause analysis, process validation, implementation of process improvements, and improvements in process control strategies.
• Utilize scale down models and laboratory capabilities to enable effective tech-transfer efforts
• Provide analytical technical support to QC, Manufacturing Operations and the MTS Manufacturing Sciences Laboratory.
• Identify and implement improvements in analytical methods
• The primary objective is to ensure manufacturing processes are capable, compliant, in control and continuously improved.
The Process Research Associate Senior, Cell Culture will:
• Utilize understanding of scientific principles and professional practices to solve problems in creative and practical ways.
• Supports development of cell culture scale down models.
• Provides laboratory based technical support for a large scale perfusion mammalian cell culture manufacturing process.
• Design and execute experiments using cell culture scale down models to expand process understanding and utilize this knowledge to support the commercial manufacturing operations.
• Design and execute experiments using cell culture scale down models to improve root cause analysis investigations.
• Author protocols, technical reports, data analysis summaries, process investigations, SOPs, and process and user requirement specifications.
Interact with colleagues from various Genzyme functions to meet the group's goals.
• Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemical Engineering or other relevant technical degree with 6-9 years of experience
• Master's Degree in Biology, Chemical Engineering or other relevant technical degree with 4-7 years of experience
• Experience with developing and using cell culture scale down models
• Experience with mammalian cell culture operations
• Experience in aseptic techniques
• Ability to work independently
• Strong technical writing skills
• Good problem solver
• Experience with statistical tools
Special working conditions:
• Able to work in a laboratory
• Ability to assemble small parts (dexterity)
• Able to work some weekend (Saturday or Sunday) hours
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE