Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 12-PD-065
Reports To: Vice President, Genomics
Complete Genomics is expanding its group of bioinformatics scientists to assist the development and application of methods and tools for complete genome sequence analysis. The Senior Bioinformatics Analyst will play a key role in the continued development of Complete Genomics’ whole genome sequencing service by characterizing the results generated on behalf of customers and ensuring that downstream analyses are useful, targeted, and correct.
• Five or more years of bioinformatics experience. Strong knowledge of bioinformatics fundamentals.
• Previous experience manipulating, analyzing, and annotating very large genomic data sets, both in exploratory and pipelined fashions. Software skills appropriate for this analysis (Perl/Python scripting, C/C++, SQL, etc.).
• Experience collaborating with software engineers in specifying and validating tools useful for bioinformatics analyses.
• Experience QCing and troubleshooting automated analyses and annotations of sequencing data.
• Strong statistical analysis skills.
• Previous experience with DNA sequence, variation, and annotation databases. (dbSNP, refSeq, CCDS, UCSC, Ensembl, GO, etc.).
• Familiarity with previous and next-generation DNA sequencing and genotyping technologies. Experience with and opinions about what will make customers successful in using NGS data.
• Advanced degree in CS, statistics, or bioinformatics (or biology or genetics, along with a very strong analytical background.) Commensurate experience accepted for exceptional candidates.
• Industry experience and a good fit to the culture of a venture-backed startup company.
• Superior cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
Please apply to our Career Page at www.completegenomics.com
Complete Genomics provides academic and biopharmaceutical researchers with complete human genomic data and analysis at an unprecedented quality, cost and scale without requiring them to invest in in-house sequencing instruments, high-performance computing resources and specialized personnel.
Complete Genomics Analysis Platform, or CGA™ Platform, combines our proprietary human genome sequencing technology with our advanced informatics and data management software and our innovative, end-to-end, outsourced service model to provide our customers with data that is immediately ready to be used for genome-based research. Our solution broadly enables researchers to conduct large-scale complete human genome studies.
We are looking for people who thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment, who are team oriented, self-motivated, and committed to contributing to the success of our company.