Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 12-PD-072
Reports To: Director, Library Operations
Department: Sample Prep
As a member of the Samples Group, the Molecular Biologist will play a key role in the quality control of incoming customer samples, as well as the initial steps in the transformation of these samples into DNA library sequencing substrates that are used in human genome sequencing operations. This will include the processing of nucleic acid assays and manual as well as automated manipulation of DNA samples. This individual’s main responsibilities will be to meet production goals associated with safety, quality, productivity and cost.
• BS/MS in Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry) and at least 2 years of industry experience.
• Molecular biology expertise including DNA extraction, PCR, genotyping, or sequencing.
• Experience with systems and processes used in laboratory production environments, including use of SOPs and LIMS.
• Experience in writing SOPs; executing validations; and implementing process monitoring are a plus
• Experience in operating high-end analytical instrumentation required. Liquid handling automation experience a plus.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and record keeping in both lab notebook and electronic documentation.
Please apply to our Career page at www.completegenomics.com
Complete Genomics provides academic and biopharmaceutical researchers with complete human genomic data and analysis at an unprecedented quality, cost and scale without requiring them to invest in in-house sequencing instruments, high-performance computing resources and specialized personnel.
Complete Genomics Analysis Platform, or CGA™ Platform, combines our proprietary human genome sequencing technology with our advanced informatics and data management software and our innovative, end-to-end, outsourced service model to provide our customers with data that is immediately ready to be used for genome-based research. Our solution broadly enables researchers to conduct large-scale complete human genome studies.
We are looking for people who thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment, who are team oriented, self-motivated, and committed to contributing to the success of our company.