Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 12-PD-073
Reports To: Director, Library Operations
Department: Library Prep
The Molecular Biologist-Library Support is responsible for performing QC testing of library intermediates, generating data for equipment/process validation and writing/filing validation reports. Additional responsibilities include creation of reagent lots for use in library construction, performing preventative maintenance on automation workstations, assisting Finance with Physical Inventory Counts, inventory tracking/restocking and disposal of waste materials.
• BS in Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry). One to two years relevant work experience preferred.
• Experience in the use and elementary maintenance of liquid handling automation and in operating analytical instrumentation.
• Demonstrated understanding of qPCR techniques and experience performing qPCR analyses preferred.
• Familiarity with processes used in molecular biology production environments, including use of SOPs and LIMS.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and record keeping in both lab notebook and electronic documentation.
• Experience in writing technical reports and protocols.
• Demonstrated proficiency in production of high quality solutions for use in molecular biology processes.
Please Apply to our Career page at www.completegenomcis.com
Complete Genomics provides academic and biopharmaceutical researchers with complete human genomic data and analysis at an unprecedented quality, cost and scale without requiring them to invest in in-house sequencing instruments, high-performance computing resources and specialized personnel.
Complete Genomics Analysis Platform, or CGA™ Platform, combines our proprietary human genome sequencing technology with our advanced informatics and data management software and our innovative, end-to-end, outsourced service model to provide our customers with data that is immediately ready to be used for genome-based research. Our solution broadly enables researchers to conduct large-scale complete human genome studies.
We are looking for people who thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment, who are team oriented, self-motivated, and committed to contributing to the success of our company.