Position Code: 12-CM-066
Reports To: Vice President, Professional Services & Support
Department: Professional Services
This individual will be field-based personnel responsible for supporting CGI’s customers through the initial process of designing an experiment and selecting CGI as a provider, through the later steps of receiving, understanding, and using the data from CGI.
• Pre-sales technical and scientific discussions with customers on the potential uses of CGI-provided data in their particular area of research
• Pre-sales scientific presentations and other efforts to provide technical support to the CGI sales team
• Post-sales customer training
• Answering (by email, phone, and in person) both scientific and technical questions regarding CGI provided data (quality, scientific attributes, formats, semantics) as they may apply to the customer’s specific scientific goals
• Advising customers on the use of various software tools, workflows, and QC criteria for utilizing Complete Genomics data in for various scientific purposes
• For certain key customers and key demonstration projects, assisting and collaborating in various analyses of CGI data
• Interacting with and supporting local partners, such as those developing software for use with the Complete Genomics data
• Helping the Complete Genomics team in authoring documentation and support materials.
• Keeping abreast of community technical and scientific knowledge regarding the attributes of and approaches to using genomic sequence data.
• Writing-up detailed customer feedback for incorporation into product plans
• The Travel required is likely to be 25% of weekdays, although it could be higher at certain times.
• The individual will be working in our HQ in Mountain View or out of their home office.