If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA (R) (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP (R) (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST (R) (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use. Regeneron has filed a regulatory application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a second indication for EYLEA. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and dynamic Research Associate to join the Cardiovascular Team. The ideal candidate will support in vivo studies for the development of new therapeutics for renal diseases.
Core responsibilities include:
- Independently plan and execute in vivo work based on the protocols provided for the rodent models of kidney diseases.
- Assist with the evaluation of ex vivo endpoints (ie histology, immunohistochemistry)
- Must be able to routinely work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must contribute to project advancement by regularly reading literature, developing new methods or technologies and troubleshooting.
- Perform routine calculations and manipulations with minimal supervision, analyzes and interprets the data and determine next steps
- Communicates experimental results to project team and/or supervisor, and present data at team meetings
- Should be capable of writing experimental protocols or method SOPs with minimal guidance, writing technical sections of internal and external reports that require minimal supervision
- Accurately documents findings and lab records in laboratory notebook and as soft copies.
This position requires a BS degree and 3-8 years experience, or an MS degree and 1-5 years of experience.
The required skills of an ideal candidate include:
- Basic understanding and knowledge of kidney biology
- Knowledge and experience with rodent models of acute kidney injury and/or chronic kidney disease.
- Experience in rodent surgical techniques to induce kidney diseases, sample collection (blood, urine, tissue etc), administration of compounds (via s.c/i.p/i.v routes)
- Experience in rodent kidney histology staining, imaging and histopathology evaluation is desired
- Computer skills such as experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism
- Strong organization and communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new technologies/methods, and troubleshooting
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE