If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use; ZALTRAP is co-commercialized with Sanofi. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
The Research Program Management group is looking for a Senior Program manager. Using prior program management knowledge and experience in the drug development industry, the Sr. PM provides operational leadership and drives assigned projects or programs to completion. This person also develops plans, manages budgets, and timelines, and ensures productive relationships with internal and external customers. In addition, this person leads and manages the decision-making and risk management process, as well as trouble shoots and is proactive in dealing with vendor / collaborator issues.Essential Functions -
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Teams: Leads the operational activities of cross functional teams and deliverables in a matrix organization in order to execute the development strategy for the assigned projects / programs. Drives the project / program’s evolution through completion within timeline, quality and budgetary constraints.
- Planning and Tracking: Develops an integrated project / program plan relevant to the team deliverables and ensures alignment across relevant functions and smooth transitions among pipeline stages. Leads annual goal setting sessions to develop project / program level goals that contribute to the overall goals or Regeneron and for monitoring progress against these goals. Plans contingency and risk mitigation planning. Budgets and Timelines: Oversees, where appropriate, the development of integrated project / program plans and actively monitors progress against the approved baselines.
- Collaborations: Manages the project / program interactions and deliverables between Regeneron and our corporate partners (where applicable), including the writing and negotiating development plans and status reports, data summaries or presentations for joint collaboration meetings, budget approvals, etc.
- Information: Supports the development and accuracy of the server environment for key deliverables and project / program dossiers. Identifies and implements new solutions to improve tracking, planning and collaboration.
- Communication: Demonstrates the ability to gain cooperation of others and effectively facilitates the resolution of cross-functional issues. Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication across functional areas within the project / program, serving as a primary point of contact for management within and outside the team regarding progress on project / program goals. Together with the Team Leader, identifies and resolves any team and/or individual performance issues.
- Process Improvement: Support s and oversees the standardization of processes and communication in order to build efficiencies within the department.
- Problem Solving: Proactively identifies issues and drives the team to resolution. Develops contingency and troubleshooting plans as needed.Nature and
- Works independently with general / limited guidance from a supervisor or team leader.
- Works cross-functionally in a matrix organization and supports the high-level operational plan.
- Regularly interacts with Sr. Management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations and influences the overall objectives and long-range goals of the project / program. Represents the department in relevant internal / external committees.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious impact on the administration of the project or program or it’s ability to achieve objectives.
This position requires a BS / MS with a minimum of 7 years of relevant progressive project / program management experience in the drug development / pharmaceutical industry. Advanced degree (eg. PhD, MS plus MBA) preferred. Additional requirements as follows:
- Experience, knowledge and a proven track record in program management in the drug development / pharmaceutical industry in matrix environment.
- Requires technical expertise in a discipline associated with drug development and/or commercialization. Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Core competencies: Requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams. Understands and motivates others and builds effective teams. Requires strong presentation and critical thinking skills. Actively promotes constructive interactions among team members in order to address difficult situations. Resolves and negotiates conflicts or problems with tact, diplomacy and composure. Handles multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills (both project and self)
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work environments.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE