Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Tekmira is a clinical and preclinical development stage biotechnology company with a prominent position in siRNA based drugs. A leader in developing effective molecular therapeutics treating a wide range of diseases, including cancer, metabolic disorders and infectious disease, Tekmira employs its proven nucleic acid delivery platform to deliver siRNA, systemically, to disease sites. The impact of our research is reflected by our strong publication record in high ranking peer-reviewed journals.
As a Scientist, you will be responsible for the development and evaluation of novel gene silencing approaches to the treatment of disease.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
• Investigate the therapeutic potential of silencing novel targets by developing relevant in vitro and in vivo models for their evaluation.
• Assess effects of novel RNAi drug treatments on phenotypic markers in disease models.
• Delineate the biological sequelae of RNAi-based therapeutic effects, including but not limited to on-target and off-target effects on mRNA, protein, and physiological function.
• Demonstrate drug mechanism of action.
• Assist in the identification and management of external collaborating parties and/or contract research laboratories performing studies on behalf of the company.
• Conduct detailed data analyses and generate comprehensive written reports of studies.
• Present findings and recommendations to the Company.
• Contributions to the development of Tekmira’s patent portfolio and the scientific literature are expected.
• Opportunities for scientific leadership, project management and personnel supervision will be provided.
• You must have a Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Toxicology, Physiology, or other relevant biological science with no more than 3 years experience as a post graduate.
• A strong working knowledge of the drug development process will be an asset.
• Direct practical expertise conducting in vivo studies is essential.
• Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills are expected.
8900 Glenlyon Parkway
Burnaby, British Columbia
Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a biopharmaceutical company focused on advancing novel RNAi products and providing its leading lipid nanoparticle delivery technology to pharmaceutical partners.