Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
POLARIS (Personalised OMIC Lattice for Advanced Research and Improving Stratification) is an A-star supported initiative where a consortium of scientists and clinicians across Singapore will work together to move cutting-edge science such as genomics and metabolomics directly into the clinic and patient care. POLARIS will form a central enabling infrastructure for national programs in stratified medicine, where these methods will be used to identify appropriate therapies for patients and ensure that the appropriate treatments are administered. Applications are now opened for the following positions:
Technical Director for Sequencing Lab
You will assist the Laboratory Director to create a new NGS laboratory and obtain CAP-certification. Responsibilities are primarily laboratory based: provide technical oversight of the laboratory, develop and validate new protocols, develop a staff Competency Assessment Program, and other processes required for certification.
• PhD in Science or any relevant discipline
• At least 4 years NGS hands-on lab experience
• Good communication skills and well versed in English.
• Prior experience in a clinical laboratory or knowledge of laboratory quality programs will be an advantage.
• Creative, committed and self-motivated
You will manage a NGS sequencing laboratory, assisting the Laboratory Director on the non-technical aspects of lab management. Responsibilities include developing document control systems, a quality management program (project management, sample control and tracking), chemical hygiene plan.
• Masters of Science degree or any relevant discipline
• At least 2 years NGS hands-on lab experience.
• Familiarity with CLIA or CAP regulations would be an advantage.
• Possess good interpersonal skills
Technology Specialists/Team Leader
You will be part of the pioneering stratified medicine clinical laboratory, working with scientists to develop assays, protocols. Besides lab techniques, you will learn how to work in an accredited environment, and be able to directly impact healthcare delivery.
• Applicants for the Specialist positions should have a bachelor’s degree, and Team Leader should have a PhD.
• Prior experience in a hospital laboratory or NGS techniques would be an advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
We’re looking for enthusiastic people who want to change the face of the Singapore health system. You will be part of a multidisciplinary bioinformatics group that is responsible for the next generation sequencing pipeline and software integration with clinics. There are multiple positions available. PhD-level positions would have more senior responsibilities including project management and directing clinical standards.
• A PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics/Computer Science.
• Comfortable with Linux environment
• Excellent skills in at least one of the following: Perl/Python, LIMS, Linux system administration, or next-gen sequencing pipelines.
• Have excellent command of English, and an ability to meet deadlines.
Those interested to apply, please email your full resume, including current and expected salaries, relevant experience and contact numbers to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genome Institute of Singapore
60 Biopolis Street
* We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS) is the national flagship program for the genomic sciences in Singapore. The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is the parent funding body for the GIS and has a long-term commitment to create a world-class infrastructure.
The GIS seeks to use genomic sciences to improve public health and public prosperity. As a center for genomic discovery, GIS will pursue the integration of technology, genetics and biology and towards the goal of individualized medicine.