Technical Director for Sequencing Lab
You will assist the Laboratory Director to create a new NGS laboratory and obtain CAP-certification. Responsibilities are primarily laboratory based: provide technical oversight of the laboratory, develop and validate new protocols, develop a staff Competency Assessment Program, and other processes required for certification.
• PhD in Science or any relevant discipline
• At least 4 years NGS hands-on lab experience
• Good communication skills and well versed in English.
• Prior experience in a clinical laboratory or knowledge of laboratory quality programs will be an advantage.
• Creative, committed and self-motivated
You will manage a NGS sequencing laboratory, assisting the Laboratory Director on the non-technical aspects of lab management. Responsibilities include developing document control systems, a quality management program (project management, sample control and tracking), chemical hygiene plan.
• Masters of Science degree or any relevant discipline
• At least 2 years NGS hands-on lab experience.
• Familiarity with CLIA or CAP regulations would be an advantage.
• Possess good interpersonal skills
Technology Specialists/Team Leader
You will be part of the pioneering stratified medicine clinical laboratory, working with scientists to develop assays, protocols. Besides lab techniques, you will learn how to work in an accredited environment, and be able to directly impact healthcare delivery.
• Applicants for the Specialist positions should have a bachelor’s degree, and Team Leader should have a PhD.
• Prior experience in a hospital laboratory or NGS techniques would be an advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
We’re looking for enthusiastic people who want to change the face of the Singapore health system. You will be part of a multidisciplinary bioinformatics group that is responsible for the next generation sequencing pipeline and software integration with clinics. There are multiple positions available. PhD-level positions would have more senior responsibilities including project management and directing clinical standards.
• A PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics/Computer Science.
• Comfortable with Linux environment
• Excellent skills in at least one of the following: Perl/Python, LIMS, Linux system administration, or next-gen sequencing pipelines.
• Have excellent command of English, and an ability to meet deadlines.