Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
As part of the Cepheid development team, this Research Associate will be responsible for supporting different groups within the organization by generating and testing materials required for registration purposes.
- Culturing of micro-organisms. Prepare and test serial dilutions of organisms. Complete series of analytical studies required for registration purposes as per the protocol.
- Draft and review testing protocols by collaborating with different departments.
- Produce accurate, thorough and timely documentation in notebooks, author reports of analytical studies and experiments, and participate in technical meetings.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment
- BS in Molecular Biology or a related scientific discipline is required
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on laboratory experience in biotech/medical device industry, academic lab or public health lab
- The ability to handle human biological samples (i.e. blood, urine) as sample materials
- The ability to work with pathogens (BSL 2) is required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good computer skills with standard Microsoft Office programs
- Detail-oriented; disciplined approach to tasks and lab responsibilities
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE