Layer, Chiang, et al. Genome Biology
We are seeking for an application scientist to involve in the design and best practices of our platform development. You will work closely with customers, bioinformatics scientists, software engineers, and marketing in a fast-paced environment to develop an easy-to-use system for biologists without computational background.
• Work closely with customers to develop deep understanding of their needs and requirements
• Act as scientific liaison to provide training and support to customers
• Prepare white papers, application notes, and case studies for product usage
• Help define key features of the product and provide product roadmap input
• Provide feedback on the development of new product features and applications
• Perform benchmarking on competitors’ product and monitor industry trends
• Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, or related discipline with peer-reviewed publications
• Experience in genomic data analysis for studies such as genotyping, CNV, and gene expression
• Experience in next generation sequencing data analysis is preferred
• Strong attention to detail while following the high-level project objectives
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills
• Strong team player with interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
To learn more about this opportunity or to apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Maverix Biomics is a biotech startup that provides a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service platform for life science researchers to perform studies using next generation sequencing technologies. Users can collaborate in a secure environment across multiple geographic sites, and use pre-configured pipelines composed of popular open-source software and algorithms to conduct research on a broad range of organisms. By integrating genomic data from multiple public and private sources, our clients’ data is put in context for analysis. This gives researchers the ability to focus their attention, ask the right questions, and leverage other research data for creating breakthroughs in understanding and making new biological discoveries.