POSITION SUMMARY :
Primary responsibility includes planning, design, implementation, and third level support of on-premise and in the cloud complex enterprise infrastructure, including Network as main focus, data storage systems, virtual and physical servers' infrastructure, information systems and archiving. Evaluates existing network and systems to understand capabilities and recommend solutions. Works with non-technical business owners to understand needs and develops a technical solution. Provides technical leadership of network and systems integration projects. Identifies and resolves existing network deficiencies. The candidate will work in a team of IT Infrastructure Services (IS) engineering experts and in collaboration with business stakeholders.
The candidate should have a systematic engineering approach and strong analytical skills. The candidate is required to possess current knowledge of wide range of emerging / leading edge technologies and have the technical expertise to provide support for technological solutions to solve complex business challenges.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Planning, design, implementation and documentation of highly available and resilient infrastructure solutions based on business and technical requirements.
- Primary focus is on implementation of Cisco based network, Hyper-V virtualization, Windows server Systems and cloud solutions for failover and disaster recovery.
- Collaborate with the rest of the IS Engineering team and business stakeholders to develop solutions based on corporate strategic requirements and following architecture standards.
- In collaboration with other IS engineers responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of GHI cloud and multi-site infrastructure.
- Provides technical leadership of IT systems and network architectural standardization, solutions development and policies, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, server hardware, OS and middleware software
- Participate in the GHI enterprise architectural board.
- Proactively identifies infrastructure deficiencies and proposes remediating solutions.
- Communicates effectively the enforcement of the policies and standards, while maintaining a highly professional and friendly attitude. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be required for success.
- Provide documentation to the Operations team for ongoing support and maintenance
- Provide third level support to the support and operations teams. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and application issues, networks, file system access, etc.
- Proactively proposes optimizations of network and systems related bottlenecks to ensure systems high availability, performance and reliability
- Provide the IT business customers with IT advice and recommendations including participation in internal development process by proposing suitable and cost effective IT solutions.
- Document and communicate effectively procedures, configurations, standards, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science, IS/IT or equivalent education and experience.
- 8+ years of IT systems engineering and administration
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure virtualization, Windows infrastructure design and implementation, data storage design and networking.
- Current knowledge and proficiency with design, configuration, optimization and monitoring of network (LAN and WAN) devices and traffic as well as administration and configuration of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and other networking technologies. Excellent knowledge and experience with network protocols and services (TCP/IP, LACP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP). Experience with Infiniband and fiber switching highly desirable.
- Hands on experience in the following areas: Windows OS 2008 or later, Microsoft System Center and VMM; Hyper-V; Active Directory, GPO, DFS, DNS, DHCP; SAN and NAS storage systems (Compellent, NexSAN and Isilon); Hardware and Applications High Availability, Disaster Recovery and multi-site failover technologies; Cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS; Ethernet (Cisco) and fiber channel networking. Industry standards and best practices for enterprise architecture and infrastructure.
- Experience with scripting tools such as Power Shell, batch, WHS and Python is desirable.
- Some experience in supporting Linux OS is desirable.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Excellent technical research, troubleshooting, and analytical skills (finding and implementing non-trivial solutions plays a big role in this position). Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills. Excellent writing skills for engineering documentation and support procedures.
- Excellent technical leadership and communications skills. Ability to present new ideas and solutions clearly and prove viability. Ability to communicate difficult IT concepts effectively to less IT savvy users.
- Able to analyze issues and quickly come up with solutions in area of expertise; work proactively, suggest process changes as needed, provide estimates, execute upon plans.
- Ability to work with little supervision. Willing to acquire new skills, multitask and work on projects outside of immediate area of expertise. Possess strong desire and ability to work as a team player.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE