Join a growing, high-performance team as we develop software used by hospitals and clinical laboratories to improve patient treatment across the world. Cepheid is an on-demand molecular diagnostics company that develops, manufactures, and markets fully-integrated systems and tests for genetic analysis in the clinical, industrial and
biothreat markets. Our systems enable rapid, sophisticated genetic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases by automating otherwise complex manual
As a Staff Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure), and a member of the Software Engineering team, you will work on medical diagnostic applications predominantly in the Java language running on a Cloud-platform. You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We are looking for a well-rounded, collaborative, creative software engineer with a knack for problem solving, a strong sense of software design and solid coding skills. You should be comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team.
This is a contract opportunity with an estimated duration of 3 months.
- You will prototype, design, implement and maintain software applications.
- You will be part of a software engineering team that develops software for commercial products and in-house research.
- You may be involved with development in Ethernet communication, mathematical data analysis and data storage.
- You will work collaboratively in cross-functional project teams with hardware engineers, service, and technical support teams.
- You need to be sensitive to the voice of the customers both internal and external.
- You will adhere and work with the team to continually optimizing the software development process.
- A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, and a minimum of 8-10 years of working experience in Java
- Exceptional Java object oriented design and programming skills
- Solid understanding of concurrency, threading, Ethernet communication, data structures
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated testing (JUnit) and experience with test-driven development
- Exceptional troubleshooting and profiling skills in both system and software application levels
- Experience in Gap Analysis of existing software to current and future designs
- Ability to work with existing systems and process to optimize and innovating
- Ability to handle time sensitive projects and activities simultaneously and effectively
- Ability to fluidly shift focus and priorities based on changing business needs
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, accountable and flexible
- Ability to evaluate criteria and exercise judgment in selecting techniques to obtain results
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues and design to the peers
- Ability to produce thorough documentation that meets regulatory/methodology requirements
- Experience with developing and maintaining software requirements and software design documentation
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE